How to Get 5,000 Subscribers in 30 Days or Less? - Earning Ideas

How to Get 5,000 Subscribers in 30 Days or Less?


At times, my mailing list grows by 400 or more subscribers per day.
Growing your mailing list to 5,000 subscribers in 30 days or less is very, very easy. You just need to be willing to spend the up-front money to do it.
Here are four simple strategies for building your mailing list up to 5,000 subscribers in 30 days or less:
1. Buy gigs on Fiverr.com. This is one of my favorite strategies of all time: You can quickly get up to 5,000 subscribers by buying 200 to 400 gigs on Fiverr.com (cost: $1,000 to $2,000) and have them promote your free offer (see Chapter 7 on Fiverr.com).
Fiverr.com is a website for people to share things they’re willing to do for five dollars. People can request things they need or post services they can perform. Check out how my coaching client Laila Anderson went from zero to 1,076 subscribers in 30 days thanks to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Fiverr.com, and then made $4,000 from her first webinar promoted to her new mailing list, at www.laptopmillionaire.tv/laila.
2. Pay-per-click advertising. Purchase traffic via Google AdWords, Yahoo! search marketing, and other pay-per-click (PPC) advertising services. (Cost: $2,000 to $10,000, depending on the target market and the source of traffic.) Pay-per-click involves a website owner paying an advertiser each time an ad is clicked. As an advertiser, you choose the words that will trigger your ad. When a user searches for one of those words on a search engine, ads appear as sponsored links.
I was in Georgia recently and got to spend some time with my friend Keith W., a fellow Internet marketer. He told me he spends $1,200 a day on banner ads on the Google Content Network, and he gets 4,000 new subscribers per day (yes, that’s right—4,000 new subscribers per day). This costs him just $0.30 per subscriber because he has a very high opt-in rate (40 percent, apparently).
He is able to break even on the front-end sales, and then make money on the back end. This means that every day he spends $1,200 in Google Content Network advertising, and he makes approximately $1,200 every day thanks to that traffic, selling his front-end offers.
He then profits from upselling other products, services, offers, and so on, to these customers and subscribers.
My student Tom Limb recently told me he spent $700 buying traffic on the Google Content Network and built a mailing list of 8,000 people interested in weight loss. . .in just five weeks!
One of my seminar attendees, Ciaran Doyle, was getting subscribers for just $0.74 per subscriber, thanks to the Google Content Network. He built a list of 5,000 subscribers in less than two months for approximately $3,700.
You can advertise on the Google Content Network by setting up an account at www.google.com/adwords/displaynetwork and you can get banner ads created for you for just $20 at www.20dollarbanners.com.
A word of warning: When it comes to pay-per-click advertising, you’d better know what you’re doing before you get started. You can lose a lot of money very fast if you’re not careful. The first time I used Yahoo! Search Marketing PPC advertising I ended up spending $7 per opt-in, and I lost thousands of dollars!
3. Do 10 to 20 ad swaps in 30 days. This was my favorite list-building strategy when I got started, and for my first three to four years in the business, actually. I grew my mailing list from 6,000 subscribers in 2006 to 20,000 subscribers in late 2009 without spending a dime.
I simply did two or three joint ventures or ad swaps every month. In other words, I would e-mail my list for Marketer X, in exchange for Marketer X reciprocating and mailing his or her list for me (driving traffic to my opt-in pages).
The cost is zero—but you must have an existing mailing list of a couple of thousand subscribers in order to be able to reciprocate the ad swap.
Jit Uppal recently built up his list of 30,000 subscribers in nine months, purely thanks to ad swaps. He would arrange one joint venture ad swap per day. I bumped into him in Atlanta in December. He told me he made $20,000 that month, from the comfort of his home, just from e-mailing his list! Mark Lyford told me recently he did an ad swap through http://safe-swaps.com. He got over 1,200 clicks and picked up more than 400 opt-ins from one swap.
With 10 to 20 ad swaps, you can easily grow your list to 5,000 subscribers fast—at zero cost!
4. Pay for 10 to 15 solo ads in 30 days. A solo ad is when you pay someone to send out an e-mail to their mailing list on your behalf. For example, a couple of years ago, a client told me about the solo ad provider Webstars2K: http://webstars2k.com/ezine7. He spent $75 for Webstars2K to e-mail its list of 75,000 subscribers, and he got 500 subscribers in a couple of days (cost: $0.15 per subscriber).
I paid $125 for them to mail to their entire list of 125,000 subscribers —with a different offer, of course—and I also got approximately 500 new subscribers (cost: $0.25 per subscriber).
My friend Gary McGeown recently e-mailed me this message: “Hey Mark, I know you were testing solo ads. Did you find anyone that’s good? I used SelfGrowth.com a few weeks ago, and I’m booked in again. I got about 400 opt-ins for $400 (cost: $1 per subscriber). Their list size is 82,000 subscribers.”
Make sure you are tracking your results, and make sure you are getting clicks and subscribers once you’ve paid for a solo ad.
Also, be sure your offer is irresistible and that your opt-in page converts very, very well, or you’ll lose money. Typically, to build up your list to 5,000 subscribers using purely solo ads will cost you $5,000 to $10,000.
You can always approach an Internet marketer directly, and offer cash in exchange for them mailing their list. I did this recently—I paid two Internet marketers $1,000 each, for them to mail their 300,000- and 50,000-person lists, respectively. It cost me $2,000, but it generated an additional $140,000.
By the way, you can find more than 60,000 mailing lists that you can rent at http://lists.nextmark.com, dubbed “the Google of Mailing Lists” by National Public Radio.

Use solo ads, Fiverr.com, pay-per-click advertising, Facebook, Twitter, and any other strategy necessary to quickly build your initial list of 2,000 to 3,000 subscribers, then leverage that list to attract joint ventures and ad swaps.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment